Willow Tree opened as a new school in September 2011 to serve the communities of Langworthy, Seedley and Weaste. Our vision from day one
has been to create a school that sits at the heart of its community where all children can flourish and families are welcomed. We are an inclusive
school where everyone matters!
At the heart of our provision is a desire for all children to:
• Be confident
• Have hope
• Have friends
• Be inspired
• Know right from wrong
We are working together for a brighter future.
Willow Tree values...
We aspire to develop happy confident learners who take responsibility for their own learning to enable them to reach their full potential by:
- Striving to develop strong Maths and Literacy skills in all children in preparation for their future
- Welcoming and celebrating diversity
- Aiming to develop creative resilient learners who are not afraid to take a risk in developing themselves
- Respect underpins all we say and do.
School Aims & Mission Statement
‘A mission statement is a statement that defines the essence or purpose of a school.’
‘We are a new beginning for our community. Where learning, morals and values are our foundations. Together we will embrace tomorrow and use innovation to create a brighter future for all.’
- We work with our community, learning from the past and look forward to the future.
- We promote an ethos with home and the wider community in which all are valued and relationships are based on respect, honesty and trust to ensure our school is happy and secure.
- We deliver a meaningful, fun and challenging, child initiated, curriculum; which encourages and challenges all to be active, creative, independent and self–critical learners, unafraid of making mistakes.
- To ensure the highest levels of achievement we meet all the needs of all our pupils.
- We ensure children, staff, parents and governors work together to actively promote and develop our shared vision.